DH build with some changes

Gator Boat Co. Wooden Boat Building Forum

Moderators: Dennis In Texas, NCSUDucker

Re: DH build with some changes

Postby shsuhunter » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:14 am

DuckMulisha wrote:What's the status of the build man?!? I just joined up on this site and I lve been thinking the DH is the one I want. What have you spent in materials, ball park figure. You and your old man have done a heck of a job. I think I'm gonna get started on my own here once the season rolls around since I can't hunt all the time, plus it will be motivational for me to finish it ASAP. what is the lenth?

sorry for all the questions,again awesome job!

John

No worries man! always happy to answer questions. i havnt had a whole lot of time to work on it until lately, im almost done putting epoxy on the bottom of the boat. working on the sides of it now and should have it done by next week. as long as the rain holds off. i live down in south houston so the humidity and rain is killing my progress. its the normal length (14' and some change) and as for materials.. well not including the motor (which i got for a steal) its probably a little over $1500 and theres still some stuff i need to get like 2part expandable foam and a little more epoxy for the inside of the boat and a roll on truck bed liner
thanks for the praise. im just ready to get it done and on the water before duck season
shsuhunter

Postby DuckMulisha » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Well keep up the great work, still havent gotten my plans, but it might be better, early season goose is gonna be starting here soon, THEN WHAT WILL I DO? Huge choice, work on boat/smash some geese...lol
DuckMulisha

Postby shsuhunter » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:36 pm

thanks i should have the bottom done tomorrow and then i can start painting. and ya the plans take quite a while to get but youll get them i changed a few things from mine which has kinda been a pain getting new measurements and what not but its looking great so far hopefully ill have her done before november so i can go whack some quackers out of it on opening day
shsuhunter

Postby shsuhunter » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:54 pm

well got the bottom painted now waiting on my UHMW to get here and then time to flip and finish! got 2 months to finish before the season opener
shsuhunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:55 am

Good stuff. Nothing like hunting from a boat you built!

Brad
Toller Boatworks or become a fan of Toller Boatworks on facebook
NCSUDucker

Postby shsuhunter » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:04 pm

ya thats the truth! but now that its getting close to being close to done some stuff just isnt wanting to work. like when i was looking at making the compartments in the front for foam i ran into a lot of snags so im thinking of just leaving it all open and not worrying about foam in the front.
shsuhunter

Postby shsuhunter » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:01 pm

Got some roll in bedliner down still got a little ways to go before its finished
shsuhunter

Postby akflyer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:49 pm

Any updates? I just got the plans and have been giving them a good looking over and reading. I think your build pics will help A LOT! I am going to follow your lead on the flat bottom and hunt deck. I have an 11HP longtail right now, but I see a kit on EBAY to bump it to 16 hp for 250 bucks so I will probly be getting that kit ordered u.. Did you get your boat done and have you run it with the 16 LT yet?

Looking forward to getting started on my build after the holidays.
akflyer

Postby shsuhunter » Wed May 06, 2015 9:51 pm

well i havnt had any time to work on this so now im trying to sell it. it is posted in the classifieds.
shsuhunter

Previous

Return to Boat Building