DH MINI

Gator Boat Co. Wooden Boat Building Forum

Moderators: Dennis In Texas, NCSUDucker

DH MINI

Postby cajunsnowchaser » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:07 pm

Well i have set down and figured out i want to build my mini with a twelve foot bottom nd want to take the rocker out of it. But my question is should i leave the bottom flat 48in wide from the mid point back are should i slim up the total length og the boat. Im a big guy 6 foot 350 pounds. Does anyone have a idea on how i should go about doing it.
cajunsnowchaser

Re: DH MINI

Postby cajunsnowchaser » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:15 am

Come on fellas somebody got to have a idea or info that might help me with this question.
cajunsnowchaser

Postby beekeeper » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:24 pm

Do a search on internet for mini duckhunter. There is some discussion on other forums about this boat. One site said a 11' boat with 36" floor was rated 350 lbs. capacity.
I would suggest, build (as per plans) and use the full size boat first and then modify the mini to suit your needs.
My understanding is that removing the rocker (keeping the floor wide all the way to the stern) is mainly done to aid in the boat getting on plane, and it increases the capacity and reduces draft. It also reduces the maneuverability and that may not be desirable for troll motor power.
You posted before the boat needed to be stable because of boat traffic. Stability will be better with the wider floor.

beekeeper
beekeeper

Postby cajunsnowchaser » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:54 pm

Thanks bee im going to look it up. I would have the mini built by now but work is getting in the way and my plans havent arrived and im getting kind of aggrevated i dont have them yet.
cajunsnowchaser

Postby NCSUDucker » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:02 am

cajunsnowchaser wrote:Well i have set down and figured out i want to build my mini with a twelve foot bottom nd want to take the rocker out of it. But my question is should i leave the bottom flat 48in wide from the mid point back are should i slim up the total length og the boat. Im a big guy 6 foot 350 pounds. Does anyone have a idea on how i should go about doing it.

I would probably just leave it 48" wide for the stability.

Brad
Toller Boatworks or become a fan of Toller Boatworks on facebook
NCSUDucker

Postby cajunsnowchaser » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:55 am

Thanks Brad. Thats what i had decided on. I finally got my plans ordered was getting upset i didnt get them yet but come to find out it was my banks fault. But money has been drawn so plans should be on the way now. Brad a quick question. I have some ply leavt over from a project its 3/4 in exterior ply would it hurt to use it on my build of the full size boat for my bow and tranzommeaning will it be a problem to use it and okoume together in the build.
cajunsnowchaser

Return to Boat Building