Gator Boat Co. Wooden Boat Building Forum

Moderators: Dennis In Texas, NCSUDucker

Postby kcrawfordobx » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:02 pm

Thanks for helping me get on the forum Brad,looking forward to my duckhunter build after looking over everyones posts!Does anyone have any ideas about placement and load rating of lifting eyes,i have a single arm 800 pound jet ski lift I would like to use with a bridel to the lifting eyes.Thanks again! Kenny
kcrawfordobx

Re: Newbie

Postby NCSUDucker » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:42 am

kcrawfordobx wrote:Thanks for helping me get on the forum Brad,looking forward to my duckhunter build after looking over everyones posts!Does anyone have any ideas about placement and load rating of lifting eyes,i have a single arm 800 pound jet ski lift I would like to use with a bridel to the lifting eyes.Thanks again! Kenny

No problem. I built one a couple of years ago where the owner was using an old shrimp trawler as the mother boat and loading the DH with a boom and putting up on top of the cabin. I used for bow eyes as lifting eyes. Keep in mind I reinforced the area under the decking where the eyes went.

I wasn't thrilled about the light setup on this one, but the customer wanted the shark eye nag lights to keep them from getting knocked off the front while loading onto the mother boat.

Brad
Toller Boatworks or become a fan of Toller Boatworks on facebook
NCSUDucker

Return to Boat Building